Tuesday, May 4

Many, many changes. I will try to update more frequently. I accepted a position in the UK and will be leaving in 3 week.s While I am thrilled about the job and the move, I am also completely overwhelmed by how much work it is. Packing, sorting, work on house, landscaping, paperwork for work permit, paperwork for son, his graduation, selling belongings, finding storage, figuring out how and what to ship, realtors, and, finally, learning my new job! I am trying to get at least 3 things done a day and calling it a victory. Oh, and I almost forgot about the dogs. That will be a blog in and of itself.

So...the positive. I will be living in York England and will be managing a team of 60 people. We will be providing client support for our international clients. The organizational hierarchy I will be in is the one I have wanted to be in since I started with the company.

Too many I's in this...Sean is hesitant. He goes back and forth on whether or not he will join me. At heart he is a homebody. This will be good for him and push his boundaries but he sees it as a disruption right now, which is probably to be expected. Concerned about missing his friends and what he will do for school. Since we can't get the dogs over for 6 months, he will stay with my Mom and then join me, with the dogs, in December. He will visit in August and I pray that the visit will help him be excited about coming over. I will take him to visit Ireland which he is looking forward to.

Have to go...much to do and promised myself I would get more packing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment